Wednesday 28 November 2012

Price


My magazine will be aimed at mainly students and people up to their mid-twenties so they won’t be able to afford to spend a lot of money on a magazine. All the magazines I have looked at were weekly releases and cost between £2.20 and £2.40 which in my focus group, I found is too much to ask for as most of the people involved said they would only be willing to spend £2 a week. Rolling stone magazine is a bi-weekly release magazine which costs £3.60. Although the price works out better for the buyers because they are only spending £1.80 a week which is less than the amount my focus group said they would pay, I don’t think that bi-weekly is often enough for a music magazine due to the speed that music popularity can change. This will mean there is a higher chance that the magazine will miss out something that happened that some of the buyers are interested in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment